Shell sale oil sands asests for net consideration of $7.25 bln
Petroleumworld.com 03 10 2017
Royal dutch shell: divests oil sands for net consideration of $7.25 billion
* Shell will remain as operator of AOSP's scotford upgrader and quest carbon capture and storage (ccs) project
* Combination of these transactions will result in a net consideration of $7.25 billion to shell
* to sell to canadian natural resources unit 60 percent interest in AOSP, 100 percent interest in peace river complex in-situ assets
* will sell all of its in-situ, undeveloped oil sands interests in canada, reduce share in Athabasca Oil Sands Project from 60 percent to 10 percent
* will sell to a subsidiary of Canadian Natural Resources Limited its entire 60 percent interest in AOSP
* Will sell to unit of canadian natural resources its 100 percent interest in peace river complex in-situ assets, some undeveloped oil sands leases in alberta
* consideration to Shell from canadian natural is approximately $8.5 billion (c$11.1 billion)
* Co, Canadian Natural will jointly acquire, own equally Marathon Oil Canada corp from affiliate of Marathon Oil corporation for $1.25 billion each Source.
Story from Reuters.
We invite all our readers to share with us
their views and comments about this article.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this link, you agree to allow PW
to publish your comments on our letters page.
Any question or suggestions,
please write to: email@example.com
Best Viewed with IE 5.01+ Windows NT 4.0, '95,
'98,ME,XP, Vista, Windows 7,8,10 +/ 800x600 pixels