Baker Hughes and Schlumberger selected for contracts on drilling and well services by Statoil
Petroleumworld.com 01 19 2017
* Says awarding service contracts for two Cat J rigs
* Baker Hughes and Schlumberger will be awarded contracts for integrated drilling and well services on Cat J rigs Askepott and Askeladden
* Initially awarded for four years contracts include options for two 2-year extensions
* Contracts will help increase activities on Norwegian continental shelf, ensure predictability, and create more jobs
* Owned by the Gullfaks and Oseberg licences the Cat J jack-up rigs are tailored to the conditions in the North Sea, where they are scheduled to be installed in the summer and autumn of 2017, respectively
* Cat J rigs are specially designed to perform efficient drilling operations on subsea development solutions in addition to conventional surface drilling from fixed platforms
* The introductory Askeladden drilling programme focuses on proven reserves and gas blowdown wells on one of the Gullfaks satellite fields
* Askepott will primarily drill through the unmanned wellhead platform at Vestflanken 2, which is part of Oseberg Source text: bit.ly/2izZOtC
Story by Terje Solsvik from Reuters.
We invite all our readers to share with us
their views and comments about this article.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this link, you agree to allow PW
to publish your comments on our letters page.
Any question or suggestions,
please write to: email@example.com
Best Viewed with IE 5.01+ Windows NT 4.0, '95,
'98,ME,XP, Vista, Windows 7,8,10 +/ 800x600 pixels